Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Can I block a certain company from charging my credit card?

Yes it is possible. Not sure if all card issuers will be very cooperative, but Iu2019ve done it. I had a long-standing subscription to the local newspaper. They kept jacking up the price and I called for a better deal; they said no, so I said thatu2019s it, cancelling my subscription. We were getting close to the next billing date so I contacted the CC company to be sure they were aware that I had cancelled the service. The rep on the phone said, u201cWe can block them from charging your card as well.u201d So they did.nI will note, however, that I am under the impression as that is a u201cservice,u201d akin to a stop payment on a check, that potentially a fee could be involved. There was no fee in my case. Then again, I have extraordinarly great credit and any company would want to do business with me (FICO 834 for a long time.) So that may be why I get cooperation.
Read More

https://businessadministrationcertification.com/can-i-block-a-certain-company-from-charging-my-credit-card/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Administration and Clerical

will consist of clerical positions such as Service Shop Clerks, Quality Assurance Clerks, Administration help and Human … will consist of...